⚠️ Only available for applicants from Buenos Aires, Argentina⚠️
Our client is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Their mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, our client joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, the company and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Their vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
We are looking for Senior Data Engineer..
In this position, you will play a pivotal role within our expanding Data team, contributing to the creation of robust data pipelines that empower analytics, data science, and data product development. This, in turn, drives business growth, fostering a worldwide environment of peer-to-peer generosity. This position requires a high level of technical proficiency across diverse technologies for the development and management of our corporate data warehouse. It involves collecting data from multiple databases and web APIs and seamlessly integrating this data with external systems.
This is a remote position for the first 6 to 12 months, then hybrid.
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse (Snowflake)
- Develop and orchestrate ELT data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into third party tools to make data actionable (Reverse ETL)
- Develop and sustain REST API endpoints for data science products
- Provide ongoing maintenance and improvements to existing data warehouse solutions
- Monitor and optimize Snowflake data warehouse usage, ensuring cost-effectiveness, performance, safety, and accurate permissions management.
- Work in collaboration with analysts, engineers, and business users to formulate solutions.
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
- 5+ years as a data engineer crafting, developing and maintaining business data warehouse alternatives consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building and orchestrating data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Expertise in orchestration tools like Airflow or Prefect
- Proficiency in connecting data through web APIs across different systems.
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Python, Java, C++ or other programming languages
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
- Experience with event and user tracking tools and data (GA, Heap, CDP’s) is a plus
- DBT experience (desired)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
The company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. They are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and they do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.