We are looking for a Software Developer Engineer in Test ( SDET)
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will have a strong influence on the architecture and design of the ATLAS product in building for testability. Specifically, you’ll be working with the Platform team on testing frameworks and authoring tests specific to our evolving microservices architecture. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with other software development engineers to review unit tests and also contribute to the construction of integration tests and exploratory tests. We are looking for someone with an inquisitive, analytical mindset, with deep technical knowledge, particularly in server-side technologies. Our current technology stack includes AWS, Golang, Vue.JS, Postgres, Time Series Databases (TSDB), Grafana/Loki, Kubernetes, and Docker.
● Oversee the testing direction of the Platform Team, where we are, and what we need to be
● Direct the design and implementation of automated testing frameworks, technologies, and best practices to work with CI/CD pipelines
● Identify testing gaps across our product, and orchestrate the work to develop unit, component, and integration tests
● Help drive clear requirements and acceptance criteria to improve test coverage and quality
● Participate in technical design discussions for early test planning and to influence feature testability
● Do exploratory testing (manual if necessary) to catch edge cases and guide automated test development
● Write test plans and test cases
● Assist in writing automation tests
What they’re looking for:
● 5+ years’ experience of developing/testing software with a focus on test automation
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related industry experience)
● Solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies
● Understanding of Git + Github
● Linux experience
● Strong understanding of CI/CD and integrating automated tests into the CI/CD pipeline
● Experience with testing software in distributed cloud-based architectures
● Experience working in an Agile environment (multiple releases per day)
● Strong leadership and cross-team communication skills
● Ability to give “Best Test Practices” presentations
● Knowledgeable in software infrastructure
● Design and development of internal tools
● Mastery in crafting and contributing to software design/development documentation
● Self-starter with the ability to embrace challenges
Nice to Have
● Golang experience
● Automated hardware test experience preferable in the industrial sector.
● Estify, Robot or Cucumber.
C#, Python or Java
Kubernetes and Docker
PST - This person needs to be open to working in the PST time zone, not necessarily every day, but we have work meetings, and sprint calls and they need to be available.