⚠️ Relocation to Canada (Kamloops,BC) ⚠️
Are you a skilled Tire Retreader looking to make a fresh start in Canada? We have an exciting opportunity in Kamloops, British Columbia, where you can grow your career and build a new life in this beautiful part of the world. Join our team and be part of the growing community in Kamloops, known for its stunning natural landscapes, outdoor recreational opportunities, and welcoming atmosphere.
Take the first step towards your Canadian dream with this Tire Retreader position!
• Follow the direction of the Retread Plant Manager to direct the continuous flow of products through the plant
• Follow all Fountain Tire safety rules and procedures
• Input data into GTRACS computer system; operate manual and computer controlled equipment
• Participate in continuous training to learn the operation of many retread procedures
• Inspect casings to determine which casings are suitable for retreading, and identify required repairs
• Buff tires (casings) using automated buffing equipment
• Skive and/or section tires requiring repairs
• Spray buffed tires
• Apply cushion gum using an AZ extruder, if available
• Build tires using pre-cure tread, and/or orbit read machine if available
• Bag and remove bags prior to and after curing of tires
• Operating curing chamber, and/or curing presses if available
• Trim and paint tires prior to storage or shipment to the customer
• Provide final inspection of tires
• Process receiving and shipping paperwork
• Operate a fork lift truck to receive, reposition and ship tires
• Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
• Possess a valid fork lift truck driver’s license
• Versed in all safety and operating procedures for retread manufacturing equipment.
• Able to carry out maintenance and equipment adjustment procedures as directed by management
• Ability to accurately decide whether or not the tire is acceptable for the next step in the Retread Process
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables. Education and Experience
• Computer literacy: experienced user of some type of computer or phone-based e-technology such as social media (MSN, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or e-mail
• Minimum 1 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
• Willing to train In this role as a Tire Retreader, the successful candidate will need to have a strong commitment to safety, including the ability to follow safety procedures and operate equipment safely.
Job Type: Full Time
Apply for more information