⚠️ Only available for applicants from Buenos Aires, Argentina⚠️
Our client is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Their mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, our client joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, the company and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Their vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Our client is looking to build out our Incubation and Network Effects team with a Senior Backend Engineer. They are searching for an engineer who is passionate about connecting people and their networks to company’s and Classy’s causes to have an even larger impact on more peoples’ lives.
This is a remote position for the first 6 to 12 months, then hybrid. Candidates considered for this role will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and will work in Central Standard Time (CST).
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer...
- You’ll collaborate with a team of engineers and product management to implement new features.
- You'll be responsible for development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of new and existing backend services and tools
- You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and excellence.
- You’ll participate in on-call rotations to assist in solving urgent engineering issues.
- You’ll recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
- You’ll advocate for improvements to the codebase, and provide leadership to others within your team.
- 5+ years of Professional experience working with backend programming languages (e.g., Java, Kotlin, Python, php) on a customer-facing application.
- Professional experience with relational database design.
- Professional experience developing REST APIs using any standard framework.
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling in a development environment
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic and Sumo Logic.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
The company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. They are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and they do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.