We’re a distributed team that builds digital products for US startups. We love being there when ideas come to life, and when our team of engineers get started it isn’t long till we get to see much more than an idea. We believe it is not just talent that does the job, but also the know-how of an organization that understands the right way to do things and learns from its mistakes.
As Product Design Director you will head up the task of ensuring a seamless experience for our ecosystem, designing and delivering world-class innovative products. You will use your strong analytical skills and experience to guide the strategy, design, and implementation of complex solutions. You’ll collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to sort through the requirements and discovery process, translate this into what works for both the business and the users, and then figure out how to make it useful and beautiful.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Designer, UX designer, or similar role.
- 2+ years experience as a lead or manager with mentoring experience
- A design portfolio highlighting strong problem solving, interaction and visual design skills.
- Experience with running and synthesizing UX research
- Experience managing and directing the Visual and UI design team and deliverables including Design Systems
- Demonstrated ability to drive the design review cycle, close on design requirements and achieve consensus.
- Experience shipping responsive web and native app experiences.
- Experience in designing experiences for B2B platforms and/or marketplaces
- Lead design, working on products and workflows that improve experiences, revenue generating opportunities, and operational efficiency of our users.
- Own and define UX strategy accounting for products and modules across verticals, ensuring the strategy aligns to larger company goals and objectives.
- Own and define the UI strategy in collaboration with the UX and brand requirements to develop intentional and ad hoc design systems
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to oversee the user experience of our products from conception to launch.
- We are a small team so you will act as a player-coach, jumping in to help with design when needed based on company priorities.
- Improve what already exists and formalize a user researching and testing strategy
- Take the lead on defining how our design system should evolve and scale to fit the needs of the team.
- Provide feedback to your design team and ensure the team is receiving feedback from the product, engineering and customer experience teams
- Workday must overlap by at least 8 hours with Miami, FL, USA
- Must be a resident of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, México, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, or United States
Pay in USD.
The application process is pretty straightforward, just apply with just your CV and you’ll be hearing back from us within 24 hours. If you are not sure whether you’re a good fit for this position, or have anything you’d like to run by us before applying, just drop us a line 😁