We are looking for a Tech Lead ( Backend Python Node).
About our client
They provide global digital and performance marketing solutions. Is an essential division in a family of companies that have been in business for 14 years. During that time, they have become industry leaders in a space they helped create. Their team doubled in size in 2021 and continues on track for fast and sustainable growth.
With their top-notch employees residing in both the US and Ecuador, they prioritize team building through a collaborative work environment. Their culture is focused on smarts, continued learning, and working together to meet individual and company goals. They hire the best people and provide them the best benefits to improve their lives, including a competitive salary, paid holidays, paid time off, employee referral bonuses, and perks like a fully stocked break room with complimentary snacks and coffee, as well as frequent company and team outings.
The Technology Lead will utilize their knowledge of standards and best practices along with the experience of technical skills in programming languages and cloud infrastructure to design software solutions and applications including coding and testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle. This position ensures software functionality and updating software programs to refine components to meet the business and industry needs.
The Technology Lead will have several key responsibilities in the fulfillment of their duties including:
Description % Of Work
Overall support and assisting the Software Development Manager with:
● Develop quality software and web applications in the designated time frame following industry standards and
internal processes and guidelines
● Analyze, maintain, and improve existing software applications.
● Identify, propose, and implement maintainability plans of applications and resources
● Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside developers, you will never go
post-technical in this role
● Participate on releases to production environment.
● Actively participate of Planning and Design meetings.
● Stay up to date with current best practices
● Actively collaborate with other team members.
Generally responsible for system performance and security
● Research/Design solutions for new components/functionalities
● Monitor AWS Infrastructure and Applications through alert systems and tools.
10% Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful Technology Lead should have the ability to transform business requirements into detailed software/application solutions that efficiently provides creative solutions with the most innovative available technologies that are compatible with existing internal ecosystem.
Required qualifications for the position are:
● Back End: Python* NodeJS*
Relational DBs —> MySQL*
Non-relational DBs —> MongoDB*
● Experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure for at least 2+ years
◦ EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, API Gateway. Lambda Functions
● Design Software Architecture
◦ Document proposals, definitions, and plan of execution
● Experience with SCRUM methodologies
● Team Leadership
◦ Proven track record of leading the technical aspects of a project
◦ Passionate about software development and best practices
◦ Knowledge and Experience creating Infrastructure as Code is a plus
◦ Knowledge and Experience with Serverless Infrastructure solutions is a plus
● Excellent both written and verbal communication skills (English required)
Education and Training
Technology Lead typically holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering and 3+ years’ work experience delivering software for a software development company or related field.
Argentina, Ecuador and Colombia
They are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.